2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud
Tech Specialist Overview
CME Group are looking for an experienced Technical Specialist to work alongside the CME Engineering and Execution (E&E) team in Belfast in the Trade Execution Team.
The Tech Specialist will be a hands-on technical lead, leading high-profile, mission-critical advances in CME's. They will have responsibility for software delivery to systems that must have the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and continue to have rock-solid reliability.
An understanding of both the underlying technology and the development, testing, and deployment lifecycle of the applications will be critical. The successful incumbent must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and work both independently and collaboratively. Principal Accountabilities
- Works with the enterprise architecture team, to gain an understanding of the evolving enterprise, to make efficient decisions on application architecture, and priorities.
- Build consensus on detailed design and architecture plans for complex, large scale efforts, and makes key architectural decisions, developing arguments for specific directions
- Responsible for technical solution, ensuring implementations are robust, scalable, and maintainable.
- Mentor to developers & testers alike.
- Provide technical direction on the emerging architecture of applications.
- Completes research and conducts POCs on new technologies.
- Creates technical roadmaps that drive forward architecture & platform improvements and reduce technical debt.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Acts as team player and assists teams as required to achieve delivery milestones
- Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- Plays a lead role in preliminary impact assessments, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Plays a lead role in working with analysts to interpret high level requirements for complex, large scale initiatives and decomposing them into independent stories and sub-tasks for the team.
- Develop network of relationships within the organisation to achieve results and to effectively communicate vision and status both within/across teams as well as to management.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- Expertise in core Java skills including working with multithreaded Java code.
- Experience with key Java frameworks like Spring.
- Strong experience with middleware technologies & messaging.
- Ability to write clean code which able to satisfy low-latency & high-throughput requirements when required
- A test-first mindset who recognises the criticality of close collaboration between developers, testers and analysts.
- Knowledge of financial markets and working with financial applications.
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX.
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.