- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Validus Risk Management
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
The Analyst role sits within the service delivery team at Validus which comprises our Strategy Consultancy, Trade Execution and Quantitative Analysis functions. This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop all round investment skills in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for confident, analytical and articulate individuals with the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers (portfolio managers, board members, CFOs).
JOB PURPOSE / RESPONSIBILITIES
The analyst role sits within the service delivery team at Validus which comprises our Strategy Consultancy, Trade Execution, Counterparty Onboarding and Quantitative Analysis functions. Analysts work closely with all four functions, key tasks include:
- Strategy Consultancy – prepare ad-hoc analysis and constructing presentations to deliver financial risk management consulting services, primarily targeting institutional investors.
- Quantitative Analysis – model financial risks using quantitative methods (VaR, stress-testing, scenario analysis, probabilistic analysis); run data management processes.
- Trade Execution – general trading desk support (OTC derivative trades) including liaising with banks and brokers on pricing, trade reconciliation and settlements.
- Counterparty Onboarding – working with banking counterparties to setup clients and onboard with the institution including development of negotiation skills for ISDA and CSA agreements.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop all round investment skills in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years professional experience within financial services
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Good team-working and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working towards additional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, IMC, CAIA, etc
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Exposure to trading of OTC instruments
- Experience in a ‘start-up’ environment
- Coding: VBA, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, etc
- Regulatory experience
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent market risk advisory firm specialising in the management of currency, interest rate and commodity price risk.
We work with funds to design and implement strategies and processes to measure, manage and monitor financial risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
The Validus Risk Management advisory service gives our clients access to the latest risk management technology and independent expertise at a fraction of the cost of an in-house financial risk management function. Validus works with a range of companies across the globe, from SMEs to multinational corporations, as well as pension funds and leading alternative investments funds (Private Equity, Secondaries, Private Debt, Real Estate) with combined AUM in excess of $2tn. Validus arranges and advises on over $100bn in hedging transactions annually.