Job Title: Anti Financial Crime (AFC) Modelling - Model Development Data Scientist / Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
You will join the United Kingdom (UK) Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Modelling team who are responsible for development, tuning and ongoing optimisation of UK transaction monitoring systems and rules for the detection of Money Laundering activity.
What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Perform feasibility assessments to make recommendations to close monitoring gaps identified in the Risk and Typology Coverage Assessment
- Design and development of AFC Analytics program including monitoring rule design, development, risk assessment and validation within a team of AFC Analytics professionals
- Conduct Anti Money Laundering tuning and optimisation across multiple line of businesses (including Institutional and Corporate Cash Management and Wealth Management and Private Banking) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems (Mantas and Smaragd), ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity
- Support the development and maintenance of Management Information / Operational Reporting for Transaction Monitoring Models, supporting Financial Crime Investigation Team
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's/ Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Information Management, or Statistics
- Excellent knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems particularly Oracle Mantas
- Demonstrated experience in data platforms (Hue, Cloudera Data Science Workbench - CDSW, R, Statistical Analysis System - SAS) for data mining and statistical analysis
- Strong knowledge on SQL and or Python, PySpark
- Direct experience in Financial Crime Compliance, Risk Assessment or Quality Assurance in Financial Services, Banking or Regulatory environment; experience preferred
How we'll support you
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.