To contribute in the development, implementation and maintenance of robust controls, systems, procedures enabling the Bank to meet its compliance objectives/regulatory obligations in respect of anti-money laundering/terrorist financing and to help to continually improve performance in these areas. This is a contract role of 6 months for a project as is offered on a fixed-term basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a thorough up-to-date understanding of the relevant regulatory rules, anti-money laundering legislation, the Proceeds of Crime Act, and all statutes and guidance applicable to the Bank’s business.
- Develop and embed appropriate controls, policies and procedures to manage financial crime risk across the Bank and support the day-to-day operations of the Financial Crime Prevention Team to help the Bank conduct its activities in accordance with regulatory requirements including transaction monitoring and sanctions screening activities.
- Provide training to staff as required: to enable the effective operation of systems and controls; to maintain awareness and to ensure that they understand their individual and corporate responsibilities regarding the detection and prevention of financial crime in the Bank.
- Train and develop staff in the Financial Crime Prevention Team.
- Assist and support the Bank’s business units in the development of services and systems ensuring that compliance with requirements is maintained in respect of financial crime prevention
- Carry out as required monitoring of controls for compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory/statutory obligations.
- Remain up-to-date with regulatory and legislative developments and ensure the implications for the Bank is assessed and where necessary assist with ensuring changes are disseminated and implemented.
- Provide relevant and reliable management information to senior management on a timely basis in respect of assigned work activities including system developments, projects etc.
- Facilitate effective and constructive sharing of knowledge and experience of financial crime prevention issues and to effectively engage with other parts of the Group.
- Undertake projects and assignments from time-to-time as directed by management.
Experience and Required Skills
- 5 years + experience in Financial Crime for a corporate bank, ideally with some supervisory experience to first or second line analysts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Commercial acumen
- Adherence to the highest standards of business practice and to the
- requirements of relevant authorities. Excellent people management skills
- Co-operation skills, to execute projects and collaborate with other departments
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision, while ensuring that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times.
- Can consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe, compliant and controlled manner
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills
This is an immediate hire so interested candidates please get in touch ASAP.