Working as part of a small team based in the London office of a global asset manager, you will lead the Investment Risk function for UK managed funds.
This role will suit someone who wants to develop and enhance the existing investment risk management framework and will actively deliver change with the Fund Managers. We have a strong team ethos and the individual will be expected to support the performance team during peak periods and specific support.
Provide independent oversight and challenge across all UK managed funds (approx. 40); the larger proportion of which is Fixed Income with some established Equity and Credit funds. At present derivatives are not used extensively across portfolios but this is changing going forward.
One of the initial tasks will be to work with global team to implement changes to the current investment risk systems used. This will involve testing, implementation and running of investment risk and attribution software.
- Reviewing all EMEA funds and accounts to ensure they are run in line with regulatory and mandate constraints from both a performance and risk stand point
- Working with the Fund Managers to improve the quality and depth of the monthly risk and performance investment review meetings
- You will provide technical expertise in respect to Investment Risk and you will have oversight on the supervisory documents on the Risk and Performance platform
- Supporting the Counterparty Risk monitoring framework and reviewing the current Liquidity Risk Framework for the funds
Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience within the asset management industry or investment banking and an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- In-depth knowledge of the funds industry, both on regulated unitised funds and unregulated separately managed client mandates
- Knowledge of both single and multi-asset investment strategies as well as an in-depth knowledge of the instruments used with the asset allocation
- The ability to operate in a stand-alone capacity as part of a small global team
- Experience of monitoring derivatives across both Front Office and Middle Office perspective
- A broad understanding of financial markets, their drivers and key risks and how these translate on to the portfolios themselves
- Understanding key risk management techniques including; exposures, leverage, volatility, Value at Risk stress testing, liquidity monitoring, regulatory frameworks
Location can be either London or Edinburgh and salary will be up to £100,000 basic (depending on level of experience and location)