Operational Resilience Senior Manager, Governance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities This role is responsible for ensuring that the Client Service Resilience Framework ("CSRF") covering Business Continuity, Crisis Management, and Resilience Testing and Exercising Processes and Standards continue to reflect the requirements of Regulators and the expectations of Senior Managers and incorporate 'best practice' insights external to the Bank
- Build and manage a capable and agile Governance team which collaborates and influences across the Group, and which models an innovative, change mindset.
- Responsible for aligning the CSRF to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework ensuring endorsement from relevant Principle Risk Framework Owners ("PRFO")
- Responsible for the design, build, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Client Service Resilience standards, processes, and controls
- Responsible for control environment assurance & testing
- Responsible for oversight and reporting of compliance to Regulatory requirements for CSRF
- Responsible for Community, Industry and Regulator outreach to ensure best practice alignment for the CSRF
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of CSR Management Information to ensure CSRF is managing risk appropriately and transparently.
- Delivering Management Information reporting and insight to support Risk Owner, Policy Owner(s), Risk Control Owner(s), and SMR responsibilities
- Responsible for Group Internal Audit engagement and coordination activity across Gp Resilience
- Development and maintenance of internal training and education programme, covering all elements of Business Continuity, Third Party Resilience, Crisis Management and OCIR, targeted at relevant levels and areas of the organisation, including CEOs, Senior Management, Regional and Country BRMs, DCCs and all staff
- Review of outputs from the ORE, RCA and Lessons Learned activities following incidents and crises related to Resilience
- Supporting Group level initiatives and activities such as Contingency Planning and Crisis Exercises.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Head Resilience
- Heads, Operational Resilience
- Head, IT Resilience
- Global Business and Regional Chief Operating Officers
- Regional Heads of Operational Resilience
- TDR COO
- CISRO Risk, Policy and Controls
- Group Operational Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- Regulatory bodies for Resilience
- Professional Business Continuity associations / companies
- Counterparts and peers in other Financial Institutions and related organisations
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Degree level in a related field and professional accreditation with a related industry body:
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Management of Risk Practitioner (MoR)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- BCM ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Certified Business Resilience Manager (CBRM)
- Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.