Asset Manager seeking Operational Risk Manager, paying up to £70k depending on experience
A leading international asset management firm, based in the City, is seeking an Operational Risk Manager to join their Risk and Compliance team.
The firm operates with a clear set of objectives, a cohesive strategy and a sense of purpose. The framework for operating is agile; enabling the organisation to respond quickly to the sponsors, stakeholders and regulators. There is a cutting-edge approach to solutions underpinned by a highly collegiate and team-spirited culture with the technical skills to deliver.
- Providing support with respect to the design, management, implementation and ongoing development of a robust and proportionate second line Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the business
- Acting as a proactive and effective risk partner to the business, which includes providing independent oversight and challenge to the first line risk owners' processes, systems and controls.
- Working alongside the Investment Risk Team regarding the implementation of their second line investment risk management activities.
- Supporting the business in proactively proposing and completing regular risk-based assessments and scenario planning exercises to test the adequacy of the RMF and the business's resilience to current and emerging risks.
- Managing the R&C Team's due diligence activities with respect to external third parties, including external managers, trading counter-parties, investment vehicles and service providers.
- Assessing and reporting on risk management in relation to proposed projects and business change activities, and participating in any associated working group activities.
- Providing risk management training and education to enhance the awareness and understanding of risk within the business.
- Ensuring the effective and timely implementation of any control or other RMF enhancements identified through the delivery of the R&C Team's risk management activities or the completion of any internal or external audits.
- Maintaining and developing the business's E&B framework, which includes helping to ensure the activities of the business remain within its agreed Risk Appetite and any control enhancements are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensuring meeting minutes accurately reflect the discussions held with respect to the relevant risk management activities.
- Managing, implementing and developing the R&C Team's policies and procedures relating to risk management activities.
- Supporting the annual review and approval of the R&C Team's risk management policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the necessary systems to support the delivery of the RMF across the business, including the risk components of the R&C Team's Risk & Compliance System.
- Sound relevant experience and skills developed in the investment management industry with strong investment industry knowledge.
- A deep understanding of a wide variety of investment management business functions and a strong appreciation of the associated risk and control frameworks.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment applicable to a UK defined benefit pension scheme would be advantageous.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of delivering and developing a mature Risk Management Framework as part of a second line operational risk management function.
- Ability to produce output to a consistently high standard within a specific timeframe.
- Ability to interpret regulations, policies and procedures, and apply them to current and potential business activities.
- Experience of producing and delivering risk management information to senior management.
- PC skills, as a minimum able to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.