PM Tool Java Developer
Create the products that are changing an industry.
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a PM Tool Java Developer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests. Bring invention to investing
You will join a fast-paced technology team in the Front Office
, within the burgeoning European IT organization in the Investment Management Systems division
. Vanguard is rapidly expanding its Global IT footprint, so this is an exciting time to join as plenty of opportunity to contribute to team growth and direction. Multiple front office tools exist
within the division having Java at their core. This role is for a Server-Side Java Engineer who will work with the Global team on a project to re-factor the monolithic applications as highly available, robust micro-services
, using Java 8
and Spring Boot
for Cloud native with AWS
Nb. There will be an element of third-line support during the life of the monolith.
A good grounding of the Buy-side, and Equities knowledge is preferable, but is not a pre-requisite. Similarly, experience implementing micro-services architecture pattern, is advantageous, but again not a pre-requisite. However, you will be a self-starter and demonstrate an aptitude for learning and problem solving. You will be expected to interact with the Portfolio Managers, so a fluency in Investment Management nomenclature is preferable, however, good written and oral communication skills are imperative. Technical Skills:
- Java 8
- Spring Boot 1.5, and or above
- Junit 4.x
- Cucumber BDD, or any automated testing experience
- Git / BitBucket
Any of the below would be advantageous:
Key Functional Skills:
- AWS core services: EC2, S3, DynamoDb (high-level)
- Continuous Integration with Bamboo
- Automated deployment with Ansible
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work toward aggressive timelines
- Experience working in Agile
- Investment Management knowledge is preferable
- Knowledge of Portfolio Theory is advantageous
- Understanding of Trade Order Management is advantageous
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and, or any related discipline
- Proficiency in any high-level programming language, i.e. C++, Java, or C#
- Two to five years' work experience. Investment Management Industry experience preferable, but not a pre-requisite.
Inclusion at Vanguard
- Vanguard will not be providing sponsorship for this position
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.