Our client, a leading top 20 global asset manager, are seeking a Senior Consultant Relations Director to join their institutional distribution team in London
The Consultant Relationship Team has a critical role in building the recognition of the business with Investment consultants who play a key role in the institutional market in the UK and overseas. The Incumbent will bring with them solid experience and a strong list of relationships with key investment consultants, spanning across Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3 consultants. The candidate will also play a critical role in forging new relationships to build the recognition of the business across consultants who play a crucial role in the institutional market.
- Lead, develop and maintain relationships with key Investment Consultants within the UK and globally
- Build structured account plans and ensure full implementation.
- Work closely with internal functions such as the Product Specialists, Portfolio Managers, Institutional Sales team and the Global CRM team.
- Host and attend consultant meetings/entertainment/product update/training/thought leadership/networking events
- Ability to understand and articulate the rating structure, governance and mechanism at each strategic consultant
- Attend new business pitches associated with the key consultant firms as required
- Achieve high product ratings from consultants for specified products where appropriate with a goal of maximising new business opportunities with prospective clients
- Build and maintain a strong Pipeline of new business opportunities via consultants
The role requires:
- Minimum 10-15 years+ of direct consultan relations experience either with an Asset Manager or from an Investment consultancy
- Undergraduate degress (Min 2.1)
- IMC, CFA or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the institutional market and solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of fixed income
- Excellent relationship management - both internally & externally
- Solid Market Investment & Product Knowledge
- Existing relationships with consultant firms
- Detailed understanding of how the institutional consultant community operates
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment