An award-winning investment house that manages investments on a discretionary basis for individuals, trusts, charities, companies and pensions is looking is seeking to hire a new Senior Project Manager to help launch a US business.
This role is centered on providing leadership and governance to a range of strategic initiatives across the business to launch Cayman-based / US-based funds and infrastructure to cope with them. I will take strong analytical thinking and problem solving, effective organisation and a clear and approachable communication style are key skills for this role.
The individual will need a flexible approach and ability to manage different project management methodologies in order to adapt their style to each project, fulfilling roles from scrum master to formal program manager, depending on the requirements.
Candidates must display the following attributes
- Working with project sponsors to define the scope and objectives, timeline and plan.
- Leading the initiatives, defining and monitoring project plans; managing risks and issues; tracking and reporting project budget, status and stakeholder management, using an agile approach.
- Distill complex messaging into simple pieces, and work with people across the business to propose solutions and translate this into an implementation plan
- Stakeholder management: ensuring that communication within the project is clear and effective, as well as appropriate engagement with external parties
- Scrum master skills: working collaboratively with the project team to deliver the solution, learning from SMEs to understand the problem space, find solutions, identify gaps and blockers and work to resolve them
- Excellent communication skills: ability to lead meeting and workshops, write concise and effective minutes and status updates, drafting business cases and project documentation.
- Working autonomously to lead projects, and support the relevant stakeholders using an appropriate methodology
- Monitoring and tracking delivery, ensure objectives are achievable and appropriately resourced; raising concerns early
- Degree educated and strong academics
- Experience of partnering with business sponsors in defining and delivering major projects, managing project budgets, and operating within a relatively complex problem space.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, managing project delivery
- Strong track record of delivery – running complex projects or managing a programme of work
- Strong understanding of different project management methodologies (waterfall, Prince2, Agile, Kanban) and awareness of when each may be appropriate
- Project management - ability and desire to be hands on, working within a project team
- Business analysis – define and map out business processes, define requirements, design and change processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to learn about new business areas, pick up knowledge quickly and bring an inquiring approach
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business partnerships – able to challenge and support