Description Position at WorldFirst
- Take the initiative to collaborate with different team members across the program and wider organisation to make sure quality is embedded in both processes and technology
- Coaching and leading in practices like Pair Programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Based on your experience implement open source test tools and test frameworks
- Define how the team and organisation do test data creation and ensure that test data is used in compliance with GDPR and internal organisation policies.
- Work directly with DBA's or Sys Admins if required to do test data creation and implementation
- Lead the strategy for learning and adopting new test tools depending on various project recommendations
- Use practical experience to help teams understand new business domains and help them analyse, test and build quality software
- Use proven experience in collecting information and evidence, identifying problems and opportunities and ensuring recommendations fit with strategic business objectives
- Bring to bear a strong depth of experience in non-functional testing, e.g. Load / soak / performance, security and accessibility, by using standard and new testing techniques
- Take a systems thinking approach to improving engineering and the processes that support delivery of a project
- Encourage constructive conflict situations to enable quantum leaps forward in the tools, techniques and delivery of the team
- Lead the strategic implementation of the quality strategy in the team. Surface and promote good practice and the findings of empirical experimentation throughout the organisation
- Defining strategy for Operational Testing including: Stability / back-up and recovery / DR
Defining and promoting a defect management and triage process that is empirical and hypothesis driven
At WorldFirst we define four key capabilities that we expect all our people to show. For Senior QA Engineer we expect: Communicating with Impact
Collaborating with Others
- I convey complex information simply, in a way that is appropriate for the audience
- I am enthusiastic and engaging in convincing others of my ideas; I motivate others to buy into initiative without relying on hierarchy
- I initiate and hold honest and open conversations across all levels, even when these may be difficult
- I clearly communicate how teams contribute to the organisation's goals, purpose and priorities
- I look for common ground and proactively build relationships to explore and challenge ideas, collaborating across the organisation, influencing people, decisions and outcomes across the organization
- I demonstrate a robust understanding of the requirements, opinions, feelings and beliefs of key stakeholders and customers and I can balance their different needs
- I crate an open, high performing environment where information is freely shared; opinions and perspectives are encouraged and people are able to highlight risks and admit to mistakes in order for action to be taken
- I help team members build relationships by identifying key stakeholders and facilitating relationship building
Who are we
- I ensure that teams have clear and agreed priorities, and that everyone knows what is expected of them. I respond to changing circumstances by reallocating priorities and resources appropriately
- I take responsibility for team performance and morale, and make difficult decisions for the good of the team and the business longer term
- I develop high performing teams that focus on the customer by creating psychologically safe environments and a focus on results
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world's best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant's vision of "bringing the world equal opportunities". Becoming an Ant Group company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversions around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.