Software Engineer - London - Global Investment Research
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GIR Technologists leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. GIR Technologists enable Goldman Sachs's research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose.
As a GIR Software Engineer, you will be developing the firm's distribution platform for Research data. This platform provides our clients with access to over 3bn data points through streaming data services, state-of-the-art database technologies and web-scale, industry-standard APIs. You will be working in a growing, global team based in Singapore, London, Bengaluru and New York, and will be engaged in all stages of software development from requirements gathering through to development and deployment.
We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams. We run an Agile (Scrum+Kanban) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design and develop end-to-end software solutions including data modelling, application and service development leveraging multiple technologies
• Collaborate with Technology and business counterparts as part of a global team
• Engage with other Technology teams in providing integration solutions
• Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 1+ years of Java and/or React development
• Excellent analytical skills and not afraid to learn new programming languages & approaches
• Passionate about technology
• Hands-on technical skill
• Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with SOA & RESTful services
• Experience with web and service frameworks such as Spring
• Experience with AWS cloud, container
• Experience with linux in an operational context
• Experience with event driven data pipes such as Kafka
• Experience with NOSQL databases and caching technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
• Experience working in a global team ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity