My client is a globally renowned data driven investment firm and pioneer in quantitative investment and machine learning research with offices globally.
They are looking for a bright, intellectually curious Systems Engineer to join their Infrastructure Engineering team in London. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, enjoy solving problems and communicating with all parts of the business. This is a hands on Technical role that provide support for both the user desktop environment as well as core infrastructure, with a focus on building automation and growing networking / systems skills.
The team designs and maintains the firm's operating systems (Linux and Windows), authentication systems, databases, virtualization infrastructure, core network services, and messaging. This engineer will be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, on network devices, protocols, and systems that underpin the infrastructure.
The Ideal Candidate
- A graduate with strong, relevant experience (intern- 3 years) and a demonstrated interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively, along with a desire to improve processes
- Familiarity with general systems administration; experience with phone, desk-side, and/or remote user support; knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications (such as Microsoft Office); and familiarity with a Linux or Solaris environment are requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and superb organizational abilities are critical
- Experience with trade-floor support as well as familiarity with Python, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages are pluses but are not required.
- Bachelors degree in a Comp Science or similar subject from a leading University