Top tier international investment institution requires a technical (Unix, KDB, FIX, Python) application support specialist to work closely with the business and front office to deliver functionality/ support/ gather business requirements, remedy issues and coordinate initiatives. Intimate knowledge of trading/risk systems is required.
Our Client is a global investment firm built around exceptional talent, solid risk management, and bleeding edge market-leading technology. Our client over quite a tenured history has delivered 'best in class' impressive results to top-tier investors around the world across the board. The team deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets across the world.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Reliable and personable asset to the Front Office team, coherent and decisive.
- Provide first and second level support for Front Office staff (Traders, Investment Professionals) to quickly identify and resolve issues as they arise and ensure continuity of the business.
- Work closely with the back office teams to remedy issues related to security setups, trade booking, corporate actions, price breaks, and book keeping entries.
- Work closely with Front Office Traders and investment professionals to gather business requirements and liaise with various IT teams to ensure delivery of functionality.
- Work in all aspects of user / strategy application support for the investment Equitys Team primarily in London.
- Assist in the deployment, checkout, and QA testing of applications. Also involved in the training and marketing of applications as appropriate.
- Participate in global coverage of system support & SOD/intraday health checks.
- Work with senior business leads in New York/Chicago to align and coordinate initiatives with Chicago/NY accordingly and vice versa.
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Experience with Unix, Linux
- Knowledge of KDB a plus
- Proficiency in shell scripting language
- Knowledge of trading or risk systems
- Financial background
- Experience with databases Sybase or SQL
- Understanding of trading workflows
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal)
- 5 years work experience in trading technology
- Drive for solving investment business problems through the use of technology and trading fundamentals
- Exceptional reasoning skills
- Expert/ detail-oriented approach to solving problems
- Strong enthusiasm for learning and absorbing new systems & results oriented
- Proficient application/ technology context switcher in very fast paced, cutting edge, mission critical environment
- Strong and driven work ethic & high degree of integrity/ accuracy.
- Self strating individual that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, execution, and ability to work and deliver results under their own steam.
Education: Bachelors Degree in engineering or computer science or related field of study.