Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need a Proposition Development Analyst to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Wealth Management function, so it can Be a market-leading, retirement-led platform provider offering a holistic approach to Retirement Income, Tax and Estate Planning to the UK Wealth Advisory market.
The Proposition Development Analyst is responsible for supporting the development of opportunities for profitable growth focused enhancements to the Wealth Proposition, including but not limited to all aspects of the wealth customer and adviser lifecycle.
More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the development of individual proposition opportunities to meet the needs of all our customers and stakeholders, and is responsible for the way Canada Life’s Wealth proposition is featured within adviser comparison tools.
What you’ll do
- Provide support for the stage gate process for individual proposition opportunities, including managing smaller opportunities directly, from identification of opportunity, through to research and business cases, to benefit realisation measurement, ensuring a focus on excellent customer outcomes and enhanced customer and adviser experience.
- Reviewing and turning into actionable insight regular and ad-hoc structured market insight and research to identify opportunities, understand competitor positioning and test new products.
- Support the development of updated propositions, working closely with the product actuarial team, investment team, other areas of the Wealth Management business and 3rd parties as required in the design and specification of new/enhanced products/services, acting as product owner for small proposition enhancements as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Canada Life Wealth proposition is well positioned on 3rd party adviser tools, including providing insight on usage to sales. This extends to proposing proposition enhancements that would improve Canada Life’s standing in the market.
- Work with the head of commercial to implement and embed the Enterprise Risk Management framework for the Wealth Management team.
Who you are
- Previous experience using Defaqto, Synaptic, O&M, and/or Selectapension
- Good understanding of the advised Wealth Management market
- Experience in change management roles, able to follow a structured approach to work
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and flexible in their approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to deliver a high standard of service and output
- Strong analytical skills - ability to use, interpret and develop meaningful data
- Collaboration and facilitation skills
- Able to innovate and create propositions that can compete effectively in the market place.
- Client value – understands and is able to tailor and meet the ‘added value’ needs of the adviser and end customer.
- Technical ability – demonstrates commitment to develop and extend technical knowledge and skills.
- IMC (Investment Management Certificate) from CFA UK
- Certificate or Diploma in Insurance (from the CII - Chartered Insurance Institute)
- Degree or other higher education qualification
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.