Summary: A leading Global Alternative Investment Manager ($30bn AUM) are looking for a CRO to lead their Crypto Risk & Treasury function and help build out Crypto Risk across the firm globally (London, Geneva, New York etc.) with the potential to become its own digital company going forward. You will expected to work alongside the Quants, PMs, Tech and Legal teams, in establishing the Risk Management function and setting-up custody from scratch.
- Ability to oversee all Risk taking for digital currencies/crypto-assets and the treasury function for arbitrage.
- Implement operational risk policy and procedures in line with the firms risk strategy and market changes to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Tasked with establishing the Risk Management function, helping the firm launch its first digital company in the Crypto and digital asset space.
- Tasked with setting-up custody and the firms regulations and risk programmes globally.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements and lead the process to ensure any developments are incorporated into procedures and practices.
- Meet regularly with the investors and key stakeholders within the business and lead risk committees.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines
- Experience sitting in a CRO position for an Asset Manager or Investment Bank will be advantageous.
- 1-2 years industry experience working with Crypto-assets
- Previous track record working within an Operational Risk & Technological Risk experience (Exchange, Financial, Credit, Market is a bonus)
- Experience setting-up Custody and the Risks involved in doing so.
- Strong understanding of regulations related to trading Crypto.
- Strong understanding of derivatives in other markets with the ability to transfer experience and knowledge into the crypto market
- Macro / Rates experience will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate with PMs and meet with Investors .