Sr. Accountant, Audit SOX Compliance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Group is seeking a Senior Auditor within its Accounting Compliance team, which is responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, at our corporate offices in downtown Chicago.
This role provides opportunities to work directly with senior management and allows for considerable visibility for the incumbent. Additionally, the opportunity exists for some exposure to international operations in the UK, Sweden, and Israel.
The scope of the role offered includes completing control testing and related documentation, monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting and management of control deficiency remediation. Principal Accountabilities:
- Work collaboratively with our external auditors, to plan and execute annual audit planning and testing.
- Ensure process documentation remains current and updated in the form of narratives and control testing templates.
- Perform SOX 404 control testing, via process/control walkthroughs and tests, to assess design and operating effectiveness.
- Document testing results in repository software (Workiva Wdesk).
- Identify and document control deficiencies noted during testing.
- Work collaboratively with process owners to resolve control deficiencies.
- Schedule and conduct SOX 302 certification meetings with assigned process owners to review the results of quarterly risk assessments, certifications, control deficiencies, timelines and other issues as deemed appropriate.
- Prepare related meeting documentation including: agendas, meeting minutes, certification results, etc.
- Perform other analyses and special projects related to SOX compliance efforts as required.
- Support the Director on a day-to-day basis with administrative tasks.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of audit experience with working knowledge of financial, business and IT risks & controls.
- CIA, CPA or CISA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manage details of assignments balanced against the bigger picture.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 5% within the US and Europe.
Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Workday ERP and/or WDesk is preferred.