Business Analyst USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Business-Analyst_R0008760-1/apply
Ranked one of the world's largest legal service organizations, Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions serves corporate legal and insurance claims departments and their law firms worldwide with enterprise legal spend and matter management and legal analytics solutions.
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the client business environment, eliciting requirements, and providing consulting and solution advice to clients on implementation strategy based on industry knowledge and best practices. The incumbent will serve as the main point of contact for client requirements gathering and software design prior to development.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
Project Delivery Responsibilities:
- Drive client functional requirement gathering (i.e. business rules, data mapping, and product integrations)
- Architect solutions based on clients needs by utilizing established ELM Solutions methodologies and tools, industry experience and best practices
- Analyze clients existing systems of record to create data conversion mappings into ELM Solutions core products
- Document functional requirements and partner with the development team to translate into technical requirements
- Gather and document reporting requirements
- Complete the configuration spreadsheet based on client requirements
- Coordinate and organize client product training
- Support user acceptance testing and production support tickets
- Act as the primary client advocate and problem solver throughout the implementation process
- Review and validate deliverables from development team and quality assurance resources against requirements and provide feedback
- Coordinate activities and communication of requirements with internal and external teams
Project Operations Responsibilities:
- Assist the program manager in tracking project delivery
- Assist program manager in identifying and challenging scope and work estimates that seem extraordinary, providing acceptable alternatives as needed
- Communicate functional or scope risks against statement of work to program manager in a timely manner
- Provide a successful and seamless hand-off of client to customer support
- Perform quality assurance tasks when needed
- Understand project management and quality assurance best practices
- Foster team spirit within the team and across teams within the department
- Attend seminars and web events to maintain professional and industry knowledge
Bachelors degree required preferably in business, finance, accounting, MIS, computer science or a related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in implementing and supporting technology solutions, gathering requirements, participating in client interviews and meetings, and providing value-add services preferably in corporate legal departments
- Professional consulting experience is highly preferred
- Experience implementing and integrating with ERP systems
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience in gathering requirements related to data loads
- Experience managing external clients
- Experience with e-Billing or matter management systems a plus
Ability to travel up to 25% All Locations:
USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd, USA-NY-New York-Liberty St, USA-TX-Houston-Post Oak BlvdPosted YesterdayFull timeR0008760
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of 4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.