Business Intelligence Architect
Lead Enterprise Architect - Business Intelligence USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Lead-Enterprise-Architect---Business-Intelligence_R0008921-1/apply
Responsible for leading and delivering architecture, design and solution of BI initiatives including data warehouses, data stores and data marts and support data model and reporting design requirements supporting various business units. He or she will have to work closely with Project Management, Systems Requirements, Design and Development, Quality Assurance, Production Support and business teams across various Business units.
- Lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver on system design and development for the needed business requirements supporting various Business Units.
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement GBS data warehouse, reporting, and analytics platforms to support various Business Units.
- Support the portfolio of work for various business units
- Work across the GBS organizations including teams responsible for requirements, solution architecture, quality assurance and production support for successful design and architecture of BI environment
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the metrics, SLAs of the environments in which our systems have been deployed
- Conduct mentoring, training, coaching for team members
- Lead and manage continuous improvement planning deliverables
- Ensure that solutions are being delivered are per standards of availability, scalability and security point of view and that are done on time with highest quality
- Ensure that standards and guidelines are created for all aspects of systems design
- Ensure that all delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines
- Ensure that SLAs are being met for services
- Provide strong and deep technical insights in various disciplines across BI
- Ensure that reference architecture is created and updated for BI.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes and best practices
- Establish and maintain competence in current and planned versions of products
- Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals
- Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business through various sources and initiative. Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation.
Education: Required: Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
Preferred: Masters Degree in Computer Science or MBA
- Minimum 10 years broad Information Technology experience in:
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BI and information management processes, technologies and architectures:
- BI delivery mechanisms such as portals, thin/thick clients, email/mobile phone/smart devises, and others
- Strong experience working with BOBJ report development and BO Universe design
- Experience delivering reporting solutions to support ad-hoc queries, OLAP, dashboards, data mining and predictive modeling
- Dimensional data modeling principles (star and snowflake schemas, de-normalized data structures, slowly changing dimensions, etc.)
- Physical data architecture options such as enterprise data warehouse, data lakes, data federation, hub & spoke architectures, independent data marts; data integration tools and techniques such as ETL (Extract Transform Load), CDC (Change Data Capture)
- Relevant related areas such as data quality, master data management, metadata management, collaboration and business process management
- Experience working with BI hardware, software and services vendors including experience in Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Experience in managing the data warehouse and data services architecture:
- Review incoming requests, oversee the design and implementation of business transformation rules and logic (ETL development), optimizing the performance of the tool
- Collaborate with business process owners to define new or change existing report and data requirements
- Hands-on design, build and implementation of BI deliverables based on the need of the business, distributing work load to staff members
- Work collaboratively with internal and external resources to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations and minimize customer impacts
- Demonstrable experience to ensure that solutions are being delivered are per standards of availability, scalability and security point of view and that are done on time with highest quality.
- Experience in creating and maintaining the standards and guidelines for all aspects of technology within BI space.
- Experience in maintaining delivery artifacts reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook RdPosted YesterdayFull timeR0008921
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of 4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.