Senior Corporate Accountant US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Senior-Corporate-Accountant_R0002545/apply
Argo Group is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients.
Argo Group currently has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Corporate Accountant, located in San Antonio, Texas. This professional will be part of our team that is responsible for Argo Group Corporate Accounting for holding company entities and services provided to subsidiaries. You will use your accounting skills in a team environment to produce high quality financial statements, and provide analyses for effective internal and external reporting.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, annual close and financial reporting
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Prepare variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement with detailed explanations for the corporate segment
- Prepare various accounting workpapers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries as assigned
- Responsible for additional account reconciliations, accruals, analyses and GL entries
- Complete the settlement and monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts and reporting between the companys domestic and international entities and other selected accounts as assigned
- Research and advise on US GAAP accounting treatment
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and prepare internal & external audit requests
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis
- Temperament and capability to take on added duties including special projects and assignments as needed by the team
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required. CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
- Minimum four years recent experience working as an Accountant or Auditor for a company with a full set of Audited Financial Statements
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP general ledger software is preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel and Microsoft Office. Cognos or other Business Intelligence tool experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills are required
- The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills and a professional attitude is needed
- Must be able to quickly evaluate the accuracy of data and information
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior levels of the financial management team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of an organization that is built on integrity, trust and respect, where teamwork and individual excellence are valued, submit your letter of intent and resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0002545
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.