Sourcing / Procurement Manager
Corporate Vendor Management (VM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. Corporate VM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and handles vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you are good at
The Sr. Vendor Sourcing Manager, Professional Service role plays an essential role within Vendor & Sourcing Management by providing business partners with strategic sourcing support, contract negotiation and risk mitigation. In this role you will also support the broader Sourcing team to lead routing contracts for signature and various other reporting and administrative requirements.
This position will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with Schwab business partners across the firm and Legal partners to develop, maintain and execute contracts for the Finance, Internal Audit, Advisory Service, Insurance, and various other services channels. This role will also handle all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; lead negotiations, as well as collaborate with risk groups and legal, as required on vendor engagements. This position will partner with the broader Sourcing team to develop sourcing strategies and ensure that industry-leading procurement services tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners. The position will not manage people; it is an individual contributor role.
What you have
- 5+ years of experience in Professional Services indirect category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, and risk management (required)
- Experience within indirect sourcing categories and contract review or negotiation
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a consistent track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners
- The ability to partner with and project lead cross-functional teams (Marketing, Schwab Legal and Procurement) to drive contract and price negotiations that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal partners’ requirements are met
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability to effectively explore alternatives to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proficiency in Excel (required)
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Positivity: brings energy and optimism to our dynamic workplace. Is open to both large/complex sourcing projects as well as more administrative deals or tasks
- Strong Communication (written/verbal/ interpersonal): can easily communicate up, down and across the organization with a proven capability to make contributions to teams and initiatives
- Analytical Thinking: ability to analyze data, and apply it to develop and implement a sourcing strategies and contract negotiations.
- Self-starter: able to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction self-motivated to learn and take on new responsibilities and proactively seek out answers to solve problems
- Adaptable: comfort and ability to quickly take on new, challenging projects and also perform administrative support to the Marketing Sourcing team as required