CFO, High Growth Private Equity-backed Infrastructure Service-Provider, Frankfurt, Germany
11693 About our client
Our client is a strongly growing private equity-backed infrastructure service-provider. They are looking to hire a CFO. The position is based in Frankfurt. What the job involves
Operational effectiveness & finance transformation
- Deliver a progressive, operationally focused finance function, which acts as a genuine business partner to the organisation.
- Design, transform and implement scalable integrated policy, process, and governance across all facets of the Finance landscape to aid operational efficiencies, control and provide oversight against fraudulent activities.
- Take responsibility for developing the company's annual budget in fulfilment of the investment plan, interacting with Managing Directors and department heads to ensure that the final product accurately and objectively reflects the real requirements of the business, and manage the budget and forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Produce data, forecasting, reporting and analysis that supports and drives rapid stakeholder decision making (e.g. statutory and management accounts, annual budget, Business Plan and scenario analysis, shareholder (and bank) reporting, etc.).
- Finalise the transition from existing Datev environment to a self-sufficient Datev environment, ensuring the team and company fully leverage the insight that the system provides.
- Provide fair and appropriate challenge to business cases for future capital investment projects.
- Risk-manage the tender process for selecting sub-contractors and suppliers to deliver on infrastructure deployment as well as managing cost and operational KPIs on an ongoing basis.
- Implement best practices for a smooth and efficient Finance function and lead the other Finance functions (such as treasury management, tax management and optimization, full purchase and sales ledgers, procurement management, legal and financial compliance of the business, etc.).
- Support and challenge the CEO and Managing Directors in the refinement and execution of the overarching strategy to grow the business in a sustainable manner and improve service provision to customers.
- Be a credible independent thinker and voice at the board table.
- Create an industry leading workforce based around the principles of best people, high performance, and opportunities for all through talent acquisition, talent development and remediation.
- Develop a culture which clearly outlines expectations for each member of the Finance team and encourages personal responsibility and development, in a function that is respected as a true business partner throughout the company.
- Act as a leader and flagbearer across the organisation, reinforcing the positive elements of the company culture whilst striving for progress and pushing others to do the same.
M&A, corporate development & (re)financing
- Support any corporate development activity, either planned, reactive or proactive, with appropriate rigour and diligence.
- Participate to the financing and refinancing workstream with banks, negotiate favourable terms for lines of credit, and proactively manage debt covenants and banking relationships to ensure optimal terms can be achieved in future capital raises.
- Credibly represent the business to external parties such as banks, advisors, diligence providers, regulators, and the press.
- Establish effective two-way working relationships with shareholders and lenders providing regular updates on financial performance, business, strategic priorities, governance, recent and upcoming events as well as providing ad hoc information requests and analysis.
Who we are looking for
- With an investor's mindset, make the tangible connection between the company's operations and its financial performance to drive new initiatives and provide counsel to the shareholders, Supervisory Board and Managing Directors in driving the performance of the business.
- Help develop major strategic drivers that can have an impact on the company's long-term future. Such issues might include the development of a company acquisition strategy, outsourcing, offshoring/nearshoring, the divestiture of product lines or business activities, or addition of product lines or business strategies.
- Proactively manage the balance sheet of the business, ensuring that funding is tightly controlled in delivering future growth.
- Drive improved efficiency and cost discipline wherever possible, fostering a proactive, cost-ownership mindset throughout the business.
Proven experience in a business partnering, strategic FD or CFO role
- Has held P&L responsibility in a business partnering CFO role at a divisional or Group level in a private equity investee business.
Relevant industry experience
- Ideally in a relevant infrastructure-based service provider or telecom & tech industry (e.g., IoT, datacentre, tower, broadband or water, electric and gas utilities companies).
- Candidates may come from a variety of other industries where some or all the following characteristics are common: high levels of capital expenditures, fixed infrastructure assets, subscription-based revenue model, combination of retail / wholesale models, IT-oriented business models.
- Understands or can quickly get to grips with the drivers of the business.
Track record of Finance functional improvement
- Experience of greatly improving teams, controls, processes and governance.
- Capable of delivering this change without any service disruption to the business.
- Experiences in carved-out entities is a plus.>
Experience of treasury and financing
- Track record of raising capital, managing debt covenants, and directly managing relationships with private equity investors and banks.
A flexible and confidence-inspiring leader
- Effective working in a fast-paced business and able to embrace a flexible approach.
- Able to quickly build relationships and confidence both internally and externally.
A graduate and chartered accountant
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines.
- Ideally with a formal accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Significant commercial post qualification experience (including modeling, project & financial management skills).
- Fluency in German and English is required.