Important Notice to Candidates: Early Submission for the 2024 Graduate Program We appreciate your interest in the 2024 Graduate Program, and we welcome early submissions of expressions of interest. However, we want to provide clarity regarding the application process. Please take note of the following information: Assessment and Interview Schedule: Kindly be aware that our assessment and interview process for the 2024 Graduate Program will commence in February/March 2024.
We encourage you to refer to the annual recruitment process timeline outlined below for a more detailed overview:
- Acceptance of Applications: December 2023 to February 2024
- Application Deadline: Mid February 2024
- Selection Process: End-February to April
- Offer to Successful Candidates: April onwards
- Program Start / Onboarding: September 2024
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Strategy Stream. The Analysts will gain hands-on experience in developing and implementing AIIB’s corporate strategy and sector strategies.
About the role:
The Strategy, Policy and Budget Department is responsible for:
developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda including its Corporate Strategy and implementation;
developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; and
managing the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan and strategic agenda.
The Strategy Analyst’s (Graduate Program) primary responsibility will be to support strategy development and implementation by conducting research and analytical work, providing data on relevant infrastructure sectors, regional/country profiles and supporting relevant sector strategy and policy work.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying sources and conducting literature reviews and acquiring, compiling, organizing and managing qualitative and quantitative data on key infrastructure sectors in a systematic manner; assisting in the preparation and updating of sector and geographic profiles.
- Analyzing relevant materials and providing timely, high-quality and fit-for-purpose information, statistics and reports on key issues in infrastructure sectors to support the development and update of strategies.
- Contribute to the drafting and review of strategy documents being developed for internal and external uses.
- Producing documents, presentations and supporting materials to effectively communicate AIIB strategies and policies both internally and externally.
- Identifying, keeping record of and liaising with internal and external stakeholders relevant for strategy development.
- Planning and organizing seminars, conferences, meetings, work plans and travel relevant for strategy development.
- Supporting the recruitment and monitoring of consultants and their travels and meetings as part of strategy development.
- Conducting any other work as required.
- Minimum: bachelor / masters degree in economics, public policy, development studies, business administration, social sciences, statistics, data analytics and management or equivalent.
- 2-3 years (for Bachelor’s degree holders), or 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) of relevant work experience in a similar position in a relevant organization which can include a multilateral development bank, investment bank or organization, a research organization or a corporation.
- Proven ability to conduct research and analysis on policies, sectors, markets and financial information.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in using spreadsheets and managing, organizing and presenting data.
- Experience in any or several of the mentioned sectors and experience in working with investment teams would be an advantage.
- Ability to think independently while working under supervision, collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to a team’s work and output.
- Excellent proficiency in professional writing and speaking in English.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A high level of personal integrity, self-motivation, sense of responsibility and genuine commitment to corporate values of the AIIB.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.