Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Support the global launch of our Online Payments product as well as our lending product in the near future
- Design the target state of our risk operations team and formulate the concrete plan for the team to achieve our pre-aligned objectives. The plan includes but not limited to:
- Status quo gap analysis around processes, procedures, tools, team structure etc.
- 0 to 1 processes set-up under Airwallex's overall risk and compliance framework
- Design the best suitable team structure and set up a high performing team
- Proactive feedback and collaboration with product team to drive automation
- Ensure team's BAU work is well structured and managed including underwriting, merchant risk monitoring and dispute/chargeback management
- Design key data metrics to monitor team performance, portfolio performance, etc. to continuously explore improvement opportunities based on a data driven approach
- Proactive stakeholder management including risk, compliance, commercial, product etc.
- Always challenge the status quo and continuously strive for operational excellence
What you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years or relevant experience with 3+ years in a people management capacity
- Solid risk management domain knowledge around Online Payments
- Great communication and influencing skills to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically. Mandarin would be a plus.
- Be adaptive to the fast growing and changing working environment
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Willing to challenge status quo and always strive for the best
- Ability to autonomously drive, prioritize multiple initiatives, and present to senior leadership.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You'll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.