Chappuis Halder & Co (CH&Co) is a global consulting firm dedicated to the financial services industry. We offer advisory and expertise to retail & private banks, corporate & investment banks and insurance companies for both their businesses and functions. CH&Co is known for its experience and research regarding digital transformation, finance and risk management as well as business processes and operational efficiency. To support our growing activities in Asia, we are currently looking for 2 professional Java developers to join our dynamic project team.
As a Backend Application Development Engineer, you will design, implement, test, and deploy software applications using modular microservice based architectures leveraging on hybrid data model with SQL and NoSQL. You will be the subject matter expert on enterprise software development industry standards.
- For this role, it is a specific project working at a client with an international team across APAC of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, UX Engineers, Product Managers, but also with business stakeholders and Fintech partners.
- Design and lead end-to-end backend development of enterprise-grade web application
- Develop, deploy, monitor and maintain microservices to ensure availability and scalability of applications
- Interact with users and Product Managers to understand the needs and propose solutions accordingly
- Run quick PoCs to test new ideas
- Continuously integrate new features into existing applications and products
- Conduct performance analysis and improving to ensure best user experience
- Influencing and advocating engineering excellence with industry best practices around reusability, stability, reliability of the whole CICD pipeline
- Ensure a disciplined approach in code management and automated build, testing and deployment
- Be an ambassador of CH&Co. with external stakeholders and demonstrate high attention to details and professionalism
- Good grasp on algorithms and data structures
- Experience working on industry standard services like Message Queue, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka, or Spark Streaming
- Well versed with DevOps best practices like containerization, CICD pipeline (Jenkins and Maven)
- Familiar with system security concepts like LDAP and SSO authentication, encryption, digital signature, SSL, OAuth, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways
- Decent knowledge on at least one other programming language like C#, Python, etc
- Experience in Cloud Platform & Services is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security and ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Strong understanding and experience in applying OOPS, SOLID principles, design patterns and coding standards.
- Strong experience in developing end-to-end enterprise-grade web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices and event-driven architectures
- General understanding of decoupled application design standards and best practices.
- Good knowledge of both SQL (MS-SQL / SQL Server / Oracle) & NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Good communications skills, fluent in English
Interested candidates please send your application to email@example.com
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.