Line of Service
Advisory - People and Organisation
Job Description & Summary
A career in Consulting at PwC Mainland China and Hong Kong will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change and growth by stimulating innovation, unlocking digital possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, and aligning the organisation and operations with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
About People & Organisation
Individuals, organisations and society as a whole are navigating the post-pandemic world, and seeking digital, innovative ways of working both survive and thrive. A thought leader on this topic, PwC’s People & Organisation (P&O) practice is at the forefront of helping businesses and society succeed in, people-centred approaches to create engaging and digitally-enabled employee experiences, and high performing corporate functions (including HR) to empower the workforce of the future.
- With more than 5,000 specialist consultants globally, the Hong Kong P&O team is expanding and looking for people-passionate individuals to join the team to grow and deliver exciting projects across a breadth of clients in Asia. The Hong Kong team specialises in a breadth of capabilities, including but not limited to:
- Digital operating model and organisational design – Support organisations’ digital transformation strategy through to execution. We help shape the blueprint of how a business can be re-organised to operate more efficiently and effectively across spans and layers, and be digitally enabled to deliver their strategic outcomes
- Change management (CM) – Enhance organisations’ experiences to ensure a successful and lasting transformation for employees and deliver sustainable results. Integrating people, process and technology elements altogether, we help drive businesses and their people to adapt to and thrive in new ways of working
- Functional transformation and digital enablement – Empower Business Leaders, people & talent teams across sectors clients on their people strategy, digital functional service delivery model (both front and back office) and process optimisation in order to help them to right-size and upskill their team and support the wider workforce
- Workforce and talent strategy – Identify the critical skills for success for businesses, how they acquire and develop these skills across their workforce through evidence-based frameworks and innovative ways to upskill employees in new ways of working
- The expected responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients and be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Coach team members, recognise their strengths, encourage and empower them in facing challenges to take ownership of their personal development.
- Contribute to P&O thought leadership and solution development for go-to-market delivery and development across the team
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views, data and insights to develop solutions and recommendations, inform conclusions and support decision-making
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Human Resources, or experience in large-scale transformation, change management, organisation design, talent management, project management, or organisation development projects
- Demonstrate the ability to build a storyboard and articulate key messages that are concise, clear and compelling; be able to present and connect with audience with confidence and clarity when pitching ideas.
- Demonstrate the ability to form own stance and to deal with difficult situation; be able to identify and handle conflicts sensibly, fairly and efficiently for a win-win situation.
- Lead self and teams towards ideation and rapid prototyping, and stay open-minded to test and validate ideas to frame a problem in a logical way
- Bachelor’s degree.majoring in business administration, HR management, or organization development is preferred but not a must
- Confident, creative and entrepreneurial
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin is a plus
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law.