At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance. We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
About the Institutional Product Team
The Institutional product team is a specialized team focused on delivering products to institutional clients ranging from crypto native funds, buy side managers, corporations, market makers, OTC desks etc. We are a cross functional team working closely with Sales, Engineering, Design, Business Development and Marketing to identify potential client requirements, analyze the product gap, forge product strategy and deliver data driven commercial outcomes. The Institutional Product team serves our global clientele. Our team has extensive experience and knowledge of the financial service industry, trading products, DeFi, Web3 along with diverse work and cultural backgrounds.
Product Strategy and Delivery
- Understand the market landscape by analysing client needs, current market trends, competitor offerings and seeking opportunities for differentiation in partnership with Sales & Marketing.
- Develop the roadmap for crypto asset trading products — including spot, margin, futures, perpetual swap and options — liaising with engineering, UI/UX, design etc. and participate in the end to end product management lifecycle from idea to launch.
- Gather and prioritise product and client requirements and use data-driven analysis to align and influence internal stakeholders on prioritisation of product features that deliver tangible outcomes with clear business impact.
- Work closely with software developer teams, risk and product teams and be able to understand and drive both technical and financial product requirements
- Develop financial and non-financial metrics and KPIs to track progress and alignment to firm’s overall strategy and goals. Solicit both internal and external client feedback, understand the various challenges and opportunities and re-prioritise the roadmap iteratively to optimise results. Manage technical backlogs and prioritise new features vs technical debt to eliminate workflow friction.
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain relationships with key counterparties, brokers and technology partners.
- Drive the Go-to-Market strategy in cooperation with Product Marketing and other relevant teams to achieve the correct positioning of the product while setting up KPIs to track growth.
- Drive both short-term operational and longer-term strategic initiatives to drive growth and profitability across various product lines.
- Build effective relationships with external third parties to assess partnership opportunities from an ROI perspective, including data providers and software vendors. Perform analysis to clarify engagement opportunities and negotiate agreement terms where appropriate.
- Fulfil additional ad hoc duties are required to meet the needs of the business.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product launch throughout its lifecycle. Adept at translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive leadership. Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Ability to think logically, work in a team and communicate effectively. Be able to organize and coordinate resources to solve problems and achieve goals in collaboration with different departments. Be able to produce high quality documents, plans, roadmaps and presentations with impact.
- A keen interest in cryptocurrency, DeFi and Web3.
- Front to back knowledge of financial markets covering trading, middle/back office, technology in either FX, Equities or Fixed Income with the ability to apply knowledge to new products and situations.
- Excellent relationship management skills with experience of working directly with clients and external partners.
- Team player with a collegiate and adaptable attitude, and the ability to direct cross-functional initiatives and prioritise in a transparent and objective manner.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Experience building a zero to one product is a plus.
- Team management experience is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, technology, finance or related discipline preferably from a well-known university.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as (Senior) Product Managers