Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA! You will be responsible for managing and implementing the data science workplan linked to key analytical projects, while ensuring the data science team delivers the best-in-class solutions to solve the business need.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guide a team of 5 onshore and 2 offshore data scientists, as the Data Science Functional Lead, to deliver the analytics roadmap for AIA Singapore.
- Take overall responsibility of the data science workplan in terms of selecting the right advanced statistical techniques and machine learning models.
- Be responsible for creating best modelling, coding and measurement practices to ensure efficient and quality delivery of work from the data science team.
- Implement analytical models into production systems by collaborating with relevant stakeholders and be responsible for their long-term maintenance and continuous improvement.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance, as well as implement improvements as needed.
- Communicate findings from analytical modelling results to relevant stakeholders that will give insights to improve decision making and drive business performance.
- Develop in depth understanding of the business and be able to advise the business on the right data science approach by participating in business discussions and presentations as applicable.
- Work together with Head of Analytics to further develop the long-term analytics roadmap and strategy for AIA Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree holder, ideally in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math); graduate degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science or another related quantitative field is preferred.
- Approximately 5-10 years of working experience in data science. 2-3 years’ experience in managing or mentoring a data science team would be preferable.
- Experience using programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau), Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, random forest, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience in ideating, building, testing, production deployment and maintenance of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience in creation of best practice standards and guidelines for modelling, coding or measurement techniques for data science teams.
- Experience of working on Azure based cloud technologies will be highly desirable.
- Experience in SPARK based technologies is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in either Banking, Insurance or Healthcare sectors is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units and functions to drive positive business outcomes.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive business outcomes.
- Passionate about working with numbers.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.