At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are looking for an Investment Risk Consultant to join our team in Singapore. The primary function of this position is to identify, monitoring, and communicating risks, and leverage the technical skills to enhance the team's data analytics capabilities. The candidate is expected to achieve Business Intelligence and Engineering by understanding existing internal tools and data warehouses and to identify data quality and reliability improvements and to establish best practices.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Identify, monitor, and communicate risks. Leverage the technical skills to enhance the team's data analytics capabilities
- Identify and resolve data issues of low to moderate complexity portfolio risk profile and statistics by analyzing the accuracy and quality of the underlying data, and provide commentary for the risk trends
- Design, develop, test, automate, and launch new dashboards and reporting solutions across the Equity and Balanced Risk Team
- To achieve Business Intelligence and Engineering by understanding existing internal tools and data warehouses and to identify data quality and reliability improvements and to establish best practices
- Ensure reports are delivered to the appropriate client(s) and/or provided via automated processes to downstream systems by the agreed upon date
- Create and run standard reports and queries
- Review automated validation controls and complete issue resolution process
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for portfolio risk statistic information, and perform ad hoc analyses, such as stress tests, sensitivity or hedging analysis given various market conditions
- Ensure client requirements understood during product launch and account on-boarding and internal systems/processes are updated support requirements
- Remain current on portfolio and market risk related trends, topics, issues, systems and analytical techniques
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree/Masters in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- CFA or FRM designation preferred
- 2 - 8 years relevant work experience in the Mutual Fund/Financial Services Industry
- Experience in programming languages, preferably VBA or R/Python, Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience in SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation and analyses; including complex joins
- Experience using financial/risk application/software, i.e., MSCI Barra Risk Model, FactSet, and Morningstar
- Knowledge of statistical calculations, financial instruments and markets, GIPS Composite
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to details and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, perform mathematical calculations (or analysis and to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to coordinate the work of others
- Ability to maintain updated knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Ability to accurately proofread documents and work under pressure, and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need a workplace arrangement to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include the arrangement you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. We will review the request and make a best effort to enact the arrangement. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for arrangements will receive a response.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.