Our client, a prestigious global bank is looking for a Settlements/Trade Processing officer for their APAC Operations team.
(6 Months contract - Highly extendable/convertible)
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a leading private bank to support their Operations Team for the Settlement desk.
The incumbent will be involved in the day-to-day operations of processing trade activities for institutional clients trading equities in global markets and close interaction with internal counterparties such as trading desks and settlements as well as externally with clients.
- Support confirmation and settlement of equity executions on behalf of all global clients trading in India markets.
- Post journal entry.
- Perform reconciliation on stock and cash.
- Breaks investigation and resolution.
- Liaise with internal/external client, local custodians and regulatory.
- Coordination and multiple handshakes between the various participants who could be across several time zones: the client, the global custodian, the local custodian, the exchanges and the CCP.
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you would have the following skills & qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of Banking/Financial Services Industry experience, preferably in one or more of support functions listed below as key responsibilities.
- Quantitative, analytical, proactive, a team player, able to work under pressure while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and the ability to process tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Control focused with a good understanding of risk and the impact of errors. Able to initiate solutions to remediate problems.
- Confident and articulate communicator.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills particularly MS Excel.
- Knowledge of financial markets is desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs - is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Referrals are greatly appreciated.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 11C5502
Registration No: R22104905
Registration Name: Karthiga Sivaram
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as a notification that you have not been shortlisted.