My client, one of Europe’s leading Bank’s, is hiring into it’s Global Capital Markets Internal Audit Team in London, at both the AVP and VP level. As Internal Auditor, you will be covering the capital markets and security services activities of the bank across the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Gibraltar and the Middle East region.
An overview of the role follows:
- Contributing to the effective and efficient execution of internal audits from planning to reporting and supporting the Head of Assignment in all aspects of delivery.
- Monitoring and reporting on the timely and effective remediation of audit recommendations, which involves maintaining a follow-up process with the auditees. You will be expected to anticipate and escalate delays and issues in relation to the implementation of recommendations.
- Contributing to the annual risk assessment and continuous audit monitoring activities, under the supervision of a Regional Audit Supervisor and/or Head of Assignment. This activity forms the basis of the annual audit plan and possible mid-year adjustments to audit coverage.
- Contributing to the preparation of presentations used for various committees where Internal Audit is represented.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Graduate with degree level qualification, ideally in a financial discipline, from a top business school and/or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) or IIA qualified, or time served experience.
- Ideally 3 years+ experience within the financial services industry, preferably this experience should have been gained in an internal/external audit, risk management or compliance function, and/or good understanding of capital markets.
- Work with confidence and demonstrate excellent organisation, with proven coaching, time management and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong relationship builder and effective communicator across all levels within a team, with the business and externally.
- Clearly identify key risks, key controls and gaps/breakdowns.
- Demonstrate attention to details but can summarise key messages succinctly, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Affinity for working within technical applications and dealing with large datasets.
- Proficient/good command of MS Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) and data analytics tools.
- Python, R or similar language is an advantage, although not essential.