The Investment Risk team is responsible for:
- Providing specialist guidance, advice and oversight of Investment Risks.
- Supporting the business to make effective risk based decisions through the use of scenario analysis and stress testing, data analytics, portfolio risk reporting and insights, including evaluation of emerging risks.
- Provide independent oversight and challenge
- Leading training and communication strategies to drive a cultural change and uplift of risk management capability across the business.
This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with extensive experience of managing investment risks in a private markets fund management firm and a comprehensive understanding of appropriate tools, systems, techniques and methodologies used to measure and report on risk.
- Minimum 10 years of investment risk management experience, gained in Investment Management, including detailed understanding and experience of risk identification, assessment, and continuous monitoring for listed securities and illiquid markets.
- In particular, Infrastructure Equity and Private Equity transactionary experience
- Demonstrable experience in sustainability risks is an advantage.
- Significant experience in a senior role within the finance industry (preferably funds management and preferably global).
- Proven track record of implementation of strategic change initiatives, delivery success and service excellence.
Bruin is an independent recruitment consultancy with an exclusive focus on the financial and professional services sector.
Bruin is preferred supplier to the world's leading institutions who value our boutique apporach, our Consultants' in depth knowledge, and our award winning diversity and inclusion services.
As a specialist consultancy, we focus on assisting experienced candidates in our core areas and partner with clients to provide tailored advisory solutions.
Our core areas across the UK and Europe include:.
Acturial; Broking, Underwriting & Claims; Change Management & Technology; Compliance; Credit & Risk Management; Finance & Accountancy; HR & Secretarial; Investment & Middle Office; Legal; Operations; Pensions & Employee Benefits; Sales & Marketing
Our Consultants are some of the most experienced financial and professional services recruiters in the UK, offering expert advice and insight into the current jobs market. Whether you are seeking a short term assignment that suits your availability or the next permanent step in your career, our Consultants are on hand to help you secure the role that matches your needs.
Bruin has been recognised by a number of industry awards for our innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives. As a business we are vocal champions for a diverse talent pipeline and are proud of the reputation we have built in this area.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons - men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.