Head of Services (Fleete) - Energy Tech - EV - Green Investment Group
Join our Green Investment Group as a highly motivated Head of Services within our European e-mobility business to help the Group support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy. This is a London or Paris based role. Initially, you will work in the Energy Technology team supporting the Director of Operations in the development of the e-mobility business. Ultimately, it is envisaged that this role will transfer into Fleete, a dedicated EV charging platform business focusing on commercial electric fleets, at which point, as Head of Services, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining EV charging and energy infrastructure for both public and private sector B2B clients, across Europe.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and working closely with the Tech teams in charge of the Fleete backend platform, you will play a vital role in ensuring ultimate satisfaction of our B2B clients. You will lead the day-to-day operations and maintenance of our high-value and high power EV charging infrastructure and ancillary site services across Europe.
In this role you will, you will have the opportunity to:
- Act as the primary point of contact for Fleete B2B clients, ensuring their needs are met 24/7
- Drive a reliable, first-class customer experience through monitoring, issue management and continuous problem solving.
- Hire, manage, develop and motivate a highly responsive team focused on network management and site health, field operations and maintenance, and customer services and matrix manage cross-functional teams to their SLA
- Be responsible for incident and escalation management, holiday and disruption/weather campaigns including network readiness, event monitoring and updates for leadership
- Continuously monitor and improve the customer experience through issue management and problem solving
- In close collaboration with the software technical team, develop and implement new tools, systems and processes to improve the efficiency of monitoring, detection and communication
- Select, manage and evaluate external contractors for broader site maintenance and ancillary services (site cleaning, ongoing repairs, etc.).
To excel in this role, you will have held a position in a similar role operating and servicing electrical infrastructure, preferably within the electric mobility sector. You will ideally be a service director with experience of working on high power electrical infrastructure and charging projects. Knowledge of customer and field services, network operations and maintenance including preventive and curative, and QHSE management are key requirements for this role whilst experience of EV charging infrastructure, vehicle fleets, and data analytics will be a plus. To be successful in this role you will have:
- a Master's degree in Engineering or similar technical qualifications
- Strong knowledge of service contract management, cost control and forecasting, and value reporting
- Experience in customer service management and escalation process
- Knowledge of field services operations, both in-house and outsourced to third party partners
- Experience of working in customer facing roles
- Experience of network operations, in particular crisis management and event forecasting
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise and service multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to challenge architecture teams, both actual site designs and software backends, and drive concrete solutions
- Experience ensuring that all services and maintenance operations comply with all current legislative and regulatory requirements
- Excellent organisation and management skills, as well as excellent communication and presentations skills
- A driven and positive outlook
- A genuine interest in being part of the smart, low carbon energy transition and achieving net zero
Ideally, you will have experience working in the UK and European markets. Associated language skills will be highly regarded. Transfer within EV Business
We anticipate that in 2023 your employment may transfer to Fleete, the company which has been incorporated to house GIG's European EV Platform, along with other employees of the Employer who are assigned to that business. Fleete is a charging infrastructure and services provider for operators of electric commercial vehicles. Our turnkey charging-as-a-service model helps customers get their electric fleet on the road and keep them driving, 24/7, 365 days a year. Established by Macquarie's Green Investment Group, we ensure that the transition to electric fleets is as economic, efficient and easy as possible. The Employer will provide information to you regarding the terms of that transfer in due course. About the Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world's largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
For more information, visit greeninvestmentgroup.com and macquarie.com Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.