Internal Audit – Front Office Controls – Investment Banking
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking for a number of Internal Audit specialists to join on a contract basis, The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a professional services background.
• Undertake periodic product and thematic reviews across the Investment Bank, challenging control design and control operating effectiveness.
• Develop productive working relationships with senior Front Office management to ensure they understand their risks and have controls and processes in place to manage those risks.
• Challenge the completion of operational risk and control self assessments.
• Review how issues identified are resolved and whether actions taken are suitable and sustainably implemented.
• Work with the Front Office Supervisor team in providing opinions and views on the status of controls in the various asset classes across the front office.
• ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
• Have a good understanding of Markets (traded products) and Investment Banking products within a major financial institution.
• An understanding of modern governance, risk and control assessment techniques.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: a front office supervisor role, COO role, internal audit, operational risk management or related disciplines, in the financial services industry.
• Networking & Senior Stakeholder Management skills and able to Negotiate and Influence effectively.
• Good organization, planning and project management abilities.
• Full understanding of the key market, credit and operational risks operating across each main asset class operating in a major trading floor and IBD business.
• Excellent communication abilities with well developed report writing skills and presentational skills