11519 About our client
Our client is one of the leading VC investors in the UK and is highly regarded in the European tech ecosystem. They have a longstanding track record of investing in some of the most innovative and high growth start-ups in Europe which has led them to outsized returns over many years.
The recent growth of the UK/European Venture market has created an unmet demand for liquidity, and they have seized this opportunity to raise and deploy a fund dedicated to making direct secondary investments into start-ups.
They are looking to hire a Principal or Investment Manager level investor to be a founding member of this team and to lead investments from end-to-end into high-growth, venture backed businesses (typically from Series B/C stage). You would be a key member in this team and would have a view over all aspects of the fund, in addition to leading investments.
You will work closely with the other investors in the sector teams and will have significant internal support as you build this new strategy. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Leading all aspects of the deal process including DD and presentation of internal Investment Committee documents
- Detailed financial analysis and valuations activities
- Involvement in future fundraising activities
- Working with colleagues across the business to source high quality deal flow as well as sourcing deal flow externally
- A background investing in late-stage venture capital, growth equity, private equity, or secondaries
- A well rounded financial, strategy and analytical toolkit
- A strong relationship developer with a strong instinct to source 'off market' deals
- A team player who wants to be part of a tight and ambitious team with shared values
- Naturally curious and passionate about the European high growth and tech ecosystem
- Hands on and prepared to get involved in every aspect of fund management
- Ambitious yet low-ego person who takes pride in the work they produce and able to flourish in a fast-paced environment