twentyAI is partnered with a Global Investment Bank that is going through a period of significant transformation in its Regulatory function. They are seeking an Internal Auditor to support their Regulatory teams away from the BAU.
A global investment bank is seeking a Senior Regulatory Financial Accountant to support the Regulatory Function with their London Branch requirements. This is a perfect role for someone who has a strong knowledge of Regulatory returns and policies, who wants to step into a role away from the BAU. It will focus more on policy compliance and process enhancement.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Regulatory and EMEA Controller, conduct assurance reviews on key external submissions, with the aim of identifying issues and errors for discussion and resolution
- Assist in identification of root causes of issues identified during review activity, and partner with the Controls team and the Business As Uusual (BAU) reporting staff to remediate effectively
- Contribute to the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the EMEA Controllers and wider finance teams.
- Build relationships with second and third line of defence teams, and support their validation of the remediation of the outstanding issues relating to Data.
- Ensure adherence to the internal Governance and Oversight framework, and compliance with all internal recommendations and guidance.
- Support development of a ‘best in class’ EMEA Controller team, and by extension the International Controllers organisation by aligning to key principles and priorities set by the International Controller and EMEA CFO.
- Support the digital transformation agenda within the EMEA Controller function, as a way of mitigating operational risk, ensuring that key control principles are embedded at the heart of automation and efficiency efforts
Required Qualifications, International:
- Deep knowledge of core regulatory and financial reporting responsibilities and outputs (capital & liquidity, financial & statistical, core financial reporting) for PRA, FCA and EBA (with US reporting advantageous), plus broad knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and services
- Strong technical understanding of rulesets and reporting instructions connected with above regulatory authorities
- Understanding of risks and mitigating controls expected within a regulatory reporting function
- Knowledge of regulatory assurance activity approaches (including presentation of results)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present concisely and accurately to senior audiences.
- Intuitive; fast learner with good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success with collaborating and positively influencing business units to identify, formulate, and implement processes/procedures to drive change
- Proven ability to work autonomously, independent thinker and quick decision maker.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Qualified accountant
- Ideally Internal Audit experience within Regulatory functions in Investment Banking