We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to hire an experienced Business Development Investment Professional to focus on the institutional and/ or global wealth management distribution of our Alternative Credit products. Strategies in this area include corporate credit, opportunistic asset-based and private lending among others.
This position will be responsible for generating new business in PIMCO's alternative investment strategies across existing and prospective investors and consultants whilst partnering with colleagues from different areas.
This position requires a dynamic, diplomatic and collaborative professional. The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven history of selling alternatives funds
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and effectively explain complex, illiquid strategies
- Illustrate the ability to develop and monetize strong relationships with global wealth management investors and institutional investors such as sovereign wealth/official institutions, insurance, corporate, foundations/endowments organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to earn the trust and credibility of fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals and to collaborate effectively.
- Provide thought leadership in identifying new business opportunities and supporting PIMCO initiatives to develop our alternatives platform
- Develop and execute a business plan in conjunction with other Account Managers to drive growth in PIMCO's alternative investment strategies
- Effectively source new clients into PIMCO's alternative investment strategies
- In partnership with Account Managers and Product Strategists, work with institutional and global wealth management investors and consultants to assess investment needs and recommend suitable solutions
- Contribute to efforts to promote PIMCO alternatives through conferences, events and other branding strategies.
This individual will:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent knowledge of alternative investment strategies and portfolio management.
- Appreciate the PIMCO sales process and familiarity with the multiple players involved.
- Extensive experience in either institutional or global wealth management business development across alternatives including private equity style vehicles and customized strategies as well as hedge funds.
- Candidates with a specific background selling:
- Corporate credit strategies (stressed/distressed, corporate lending, mezzanine, etc.)
- Structured credit strategies
- Specialty finance (i.e. aviation, consumer lending)
An advanced degree such as an MBA and a CFA or CAIA designation is preferred Personal Characteristics
In addition to displaying a strong commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach, personal characteristics for this role include:
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to influence others
- Effective communication of complex investment ideas
- Additional languages not a must but of interest
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office