We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Portfolio Management Analytics
We are looking for the best minds to help us build on our quant capabilities and break ground on exciting new initiatives. At PIMCO, you'll collaborate with some of the best talent across a range of disciplines, conduct empirical data analysis that can be tested and applied, develop and improve on existing pricing/risk models, portfolio construction and quantitative investment strategies. Our fixed income orientation offers the opportunity to look at quantitative analytics from a new angle, while our global reach across a myriad of markets - including equities, currencies, commodities - gives you a wealth of opportunity for both intellectual and professional growth. Location:
Newport Beach, CA Position Requirements: Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Strong interest in finance and background in quantitative discipline; some knowledge of asset pricing, economic theory, and optimization preferred
- Some training in empirical research, e.g. time series and panel data econometrics; experience analyzing large data sets preferred
- Experience with SAS/R, Python, C++, preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- DEADLINE FOR AEA INTERVIEWS IS December 12, 2021 (11:59pm PST)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we encourage early applications.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office