We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an Account Associate for the DC Key Account team.
Location: This role can be based in Newport Beach, CA, Austin, TX, or New York, NY.
The Account Associate serves a unique and multifaceted role based around servicing PIMCO's Defined Contribution (DC) clients and supporting expansion efforts in that market segment. You will join a team delivering the highest level of service to clients and prospects. You will work alongside account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams and actively participate in business development initiatives. In addition to client servicing and business development responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with various distribution channels across PIMCO.
- PIMCO Investment Professionals and Associates in Account Management, Marketing, Product Strategy, and Portfolio Management.
- Current and prospective clients
- Third Party DC record keepers and other intermediaries
- Increase efficiency and improve DC sales abilities by using business intelligence and data, deploying marketing and thought leadership regularly, segmenting clients routinely and recording client information in CRM via consistent profiling efforts.
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other meaningful information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants.
- Build and maintain a variety of materials with a focus on DC and Retirement content to support new business development and existing business initiatives.
- Handle and update sub-advised and selling agreements in consultation with PIMCO's legal and compliance teams.
- Partner closely with PIMCO distribution teams to promote investment products across all third party platforms and internal channels.
- Provide analysis to senior leadership on PIMCO's sales efforts with prospects and third party DC record keepers.
- At least three years of experience in the financial services with a focus on retirement investments and products.
- Knowledge of fixed income securities and portfolio management techniques
- Detailed knowledge of Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit investment plan design.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required, and solid understanding of data querying tools a plus
- Self-starter, ability to work within the firm's fast paced and highly focused environment
- Outstanding relationship building, time-management, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Work efficiently with all levels of personnel as part of a team with a clear dedication to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
Must possess a four-year college degree. Progress towards the CFA, CAIA, or CIMA designation is a plus Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office