We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are offering the right engineer the chance to join an elite technology team within one of the world's largest asset managers building the best cross asset order management and execution workflow platform of its kind. The team build and operate a service based in-house cross asset OEMS and automated trading system. No previous trading system/financial experience necessary - we're simply looking for great technologists with a commercial mindset.
Over the coming years we will be building on a solid foundation, designing and creating new services, architectures and components which will mature into our future trading system ultimately replacing and converging legacy platforms.
The right candidate will be able to leverage their experience and be a part of a journey to modernize, bring change and build and operate a modern OEMS covering Rates (Bonds + IRS), Credit(HY/IG/CDX,S), Futures, FX, Equities, MBS and more. In return for your strong OMS and EMS workflow knowledge and development experience we can bring a new dimension in breadth over asset classes and frequencies at an enormously successful firm with opportunity to grow and explore.
Java & AMPS (60East) plus a React/JS UI are at the center of the tech stack while we continue to experiment, mature and trial new technologies to support or goals.
An upward trajectory of success and growth is driving demand as we bring automation to more desks, locations, products and business use-cases.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create, innovate and deliver; leverage experience - pragmatic approach; great team.
- Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the product.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications and enhancements.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and testable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization and introduce automation.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with ta's, pm's, traders & quants together with the global tech team
- 3+ years of commercial Java development
- Excellent problem solving and solid development experience in core java/threading, Spring
- Team player - we are ~20 developers globally over California, New York, London & Moscow with APAC expansion expected.
- Code archaeology. As our remit grows we will be consolidating business functionality onto our strategic platforms - there is skill to reading and re-writing code afresh
- Commitment to Support rota and releases - we all do support for the Execution team's estate and take part in releases and testing alongside our growing L1/L2 support team
- Commercial approach - an equity holder's/owners ethos. Focus non-functional's such as efficient and useful logging, automated sanity checks/guard-rails, data & trader flow. Safeguard the business.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office