We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is building a new team that will sit at nexus of automation tools, systems, software and Trading Technology. The group will consist of versatile full stack engineers who maintain and expand the capabilities of PIMCO's Trading Systems including near green field global cross-asset execution management capabilities. The team exists in the space between traditional systems administration and development, and seeks to unify both foundational competencies in the DevOps space.
Act as the main point of contact for front office users of a complex electronic trading platform. You will build telemetry and automation solutions that are in alignment with the broader technology platforms; Support incident responses, blameless postmortem, design and implement the product improvement to prevent incident reoccurring.
Analyze effort patterns (user queries, service requests, incidents, workflows) for optimization.
Design, code, test, and deliver software to eliminate manual operational work.
Implement self-healing and resiliency patterns, exercise failure cases regularly to validate resilience assumptions.
Plan, lead, supervise and optimize the production related software and infrastructure for capacity and resiliency Position Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of front office trading floor technology support
- Hands on experience deploying and configuring monitoring solutions (Geneos, Splunk, Grafana, Solar Winds, ITRS Geneos, Dynatrace, Jaeger, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry )
- Experience with scripting / coding / software development in at least one major language (Java, Python, C, C++, C#, etc) - designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- System and network administration and troubleshooting skills (Unix and Windows). Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Knowledge of fixed income and/or equities products
- Proficiency with any major RDBMS
- Systematic, fact based decision making and problem solving.
- Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to nurture relationships with all internal/external partners, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture
- Ability to develop expert product & capabilities knowledge. Ability to leverage this knowledge to work through complex use-cases and determine on-the-fly workarounds with users
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering field.
- An understanding of ITIL support standard methodologies and experience with
- Service Management (Incident/Problem/Change Management, etc)
Additional Experience Appreciated:
- Experience with DevOps tools a plus (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Understanding and practical application of SRE principles (SLI/SLO/Error Budget, etc)
- Cloud environment experience
- Experience with Chaos Engineering
- Experience supporting automated or algorithmic plants preferred with a solid knowledge of EMS/OMS
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office