Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry! Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world. About Us
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction. Our Values
Unfortunately, we aren't able to sponsor for this role at this time. We're Growing Our Underwriting & Risk Team
- Customer Obsessed - We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven - We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders - We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team - We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect - We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Our underwriting & risk team works on a variety of exciting problems, including States Title's patented instant underwriting model, on which the company was founded. Our team is always evaluating new products and projects, so there is never a dull moment! Your work will have a direct and highly visible business impact throughout the company.
We're looking for someone who is fired up to:
- Use your raw data analysis intuition to revolutionize a 150 year old industry
- Be a data detective, understand the in's and out's of our complex, industry data and apply that knowledge to our machine learning initiatives
- Identify, analyze, collect, and prepare data from internal and external sources
- Play a key role in analysis projects geared toward reducing model losses, improving the fidelity of our projected losses, and fighting fraud.
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Product, Engineering, Operations, and external parties to solve traditional processes with data driven machine learning solutions
- 2+ years contributing to data analytics and/or data science projects
- Ability to write complex SQL joins in your sleep
- Professional experience writing code with proficiency in Python, git, etc.
- Professional experience using Looker
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to people throughout the company, including business partners in product and senior leadership, and external parties.
- Experience in the domains of risk, real estate, and/or insurance is a plus
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life. We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
We believe in Equal Opportunity
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family's needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.