CME Group is looking for an experienced backend Java developer to join a dynamic team responsible for mission-critical Real-time Risk Management Systems. The candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of software that drives and executes the strategy for technology advances in CME's risk management systems. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve the critical mission of the team. Principal Responsibilities
- Design, develop, maintain high-volume, low-latency Java applications on Prem and on GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- for mission-critical systems and deliver high-availability and performance .
- Follow agile practice and contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks.
- Build and support CI/CD automation pipeline
- S upport build deployments and troubleshoot infrastructure and environment related issues.
- Collaborate effectively across teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years Java development experience.
- Proficient with Spring frameworks and RESTful APIs
- Experience with SQL and DBMS in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience using Streaming Technologies such as Apache KAFKA or Google PubSub
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins & Chef
- Strong problem-solving skills and effective communication skills
- Experience working with financial risk management applications
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with UC4 and Splunk
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.