We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2023 Summer Internship - Client Management Account Analyst, US (Undergraduate)
Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters, Austin, TX, and New York, NY.
See Yourself as a Client Management Account Analyst
You'll serve in a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of supporting the servicing of PIMCO's institutional clients. Your primary responsibility is to support PIMCO's investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. You will gather, analyze and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and their clients. In addition to client servicing responsibilities, most members of the group seek to participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter , and unofficial transcript
as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference; Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You're eligible to apply if you:
You'll excel as a Client Management Account Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2023 - June 2024
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Have a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Have outstanding relationship building skills and the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Are a self-starter with the ability to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have excellent time management, multi-tasking, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Have taken finance/capital markets coursework (recommended)
New York Salary Range: $90,000 - $90,000