We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Location: New York, NY | Austin, TX | Newport Beach, CA
The Global Wealth Management (GWM) Strategy team oversees strategic sales planning and tactics for PIMCO U.S. GWM with the goal of maximizing revenues and leveraging opportunities where market trends and demands align best with PIMCO's product strength and expertise. We also analyze internal and external sales data with the goal of providing greater awareness of key business opportunities, relationship management, and insights that the firm can use in a number of ways (e.g. product development, resource allocation, etc.). In an effort to achieve these goals we lead the partnership with stakeholders across the firm to ensure awareness of US GWM strategy and their relevant role in those efforts.
The Sales Strategy role within Strategy will focus primarily on partnering with Sales and other stakeholders to execute, coordinate and track key initiatives and campaigns within the broader sales team. This will include efforts across all sales channels and will touch upon a wide range of responsibilities, but not limited to, those listed below:
- Helps coordinate the strategic development, framework, and implementation of U.S. GWM sales campaigns and initiatives.
- Responsible for helping drive awareness of key sales initiatives and money-in-motion opportunities within sales ecosystem
- Continual collaboration with internal partners to provide essential resources to sales teams
- Manage and lead relationships with key partners across the firm to help aid broader sales efforts within GWM
- Support sales initiatives by building out a calendar of coordinated events with Marketing, Product, Strategic Accounts, and Sales teams
- Quantify the impact of various sales initiatives through various metrics
- Will report to Sales Strategy Manager, SVP, Strategy
- 3 -10 years of asset management or financial services experience
- MBA and other designations (CFA, CAIA, etc.) are a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated to learning, contributing, and excelling across various functions of the Strategy team and broader PIMCO environment
- Embraces team first mentality and would excel at collaborating with others across departments
- Robust attention to detail, and openness to invite others to review work
- Maturity to cope with diverse and conflicting needs of different stakeholders, with the tact and discretion to find appropriate compromises
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office