A start-up distressed credit hedge fund in NY is looking for a dynamic experienced Senior Operating Officer (COO) to develop, lead and manage the fund's non-investment activities, which include operations, finance, technology, and client services. Experience with early-stage startups overseeing the building of apps for any of Atlassian's cloud products such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, or Trello is strongly preferred.
- Develop an operational and technology strategy
- Be hands-on enough to implement and execute that strategic plan
- Create a back and middle office
- Oversee the design, implementation, and automation of technology to manage all operating areas of the firm (Atlassian, Jira, Confluence)
- Work closely with senior leadership on building operations, technology, finance, and client service teams
- Identify and manage the firm's relationships with outsourced and third-party service providers
- Oversee all regulatory reporting and compliance requirements for an SEC Registered Investment Advisor including Firm ADV, Form PF, 13F, and Form D.
- 10+ years of relevant experience working in a senior operational role at a hedge fund or asset manager
- Must be conversant with current state-of-the-art technology tools and applications to introduce automation and efficiencies to the middle and back office (Atlassian, Jira, Confluence)
- Must have proven people and project management skills and experience
- Must have proven work knowledge of complex financial products such as leveraged loans, private credit, high yield bonds, credit, and equity derivatives, swaps, futures, and forwards
- Must have proven experience with fund formation and regulatory requirements
- CPA or CFA is strongly preferred
Keywords: Hedge Fund Operations, Atlassian, Jira, Confluence, Prime Brokerage, ISDA, Middle and Back Office, Compliance, Service Providers, Fund Technology
Please send resumes to Jim Geiger firstname.lastname@example.org