We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
PIMCO's machine learning platform team supports internal clients across Business and Technology teams. Our ideal candidate will be writing python libraries and services, integrating open-source and commercial services and creating React front ends. We empower teams by providing tools for solving text-based problems with recent NLP capabilities. We're looking for a senior engineer who can design and write modular code, creating reusable tools and components and fantastic user and developer experiences. Responsibilities
- Build production quality tools and components for PIMCO's Machine Learning Platform
- Write functions, libraries and utilities with proper abstractions for consumption by internal developers
- Collect and distill requirements and define technical options, trade-offs and present to a technical audience
- 5+ years of development experience
- Deep expertise in TypeScript & React
- Experience designing and architecting frontend apps from the ground up
- Experience with Python in a data science context
- Experience designing REST APIs that are clear and easy to consume
- Experience with CI/CD systems (such as GitLab)
- AWS & Docker familiarity
- Understanding of machine learning fundamentals, statistics, and linear algebra
- Understanding of data engineering and data pipelines
- Understanding of infrastructure fundamentals such as Linux, networks, bash scripting, SSH, Kerberos
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office